Fireworks are a staple of summer celebrations, and people of all ages love to gather to watch them. But some people, particularly millennials, have been accused of not knowing how to enjoy a fireworks show properly.
There are a few reasons why this might be the case. First, millennials are often more interested in their phones and social media than in the actual fireworks. They’re constantly checking their phones to see what their friends are up to, or to take pictures and videos of the fireworks to post online. This can be distracting for other people who are trying to enjoy the show, and it can also lead to people missing out on some of the best parts of the show.
Second, millennials are often more cynical than previous generations. They’ve grown up in a world where everything is commercialized, and they’re not as easily impressed by things like fireworks. They may see fireworks as just another way for businesses to make money, and they may not be as excited about them as people who grew up in a time when fireworks were more of a novelty.
Finally, millennials are often more environmentally conscious than previous generations. They’re aware of the environmental impact of fireworks, and they may be less likely to enjoy a fireworks show if they know that it’s harming the environment.
So, are millennials really ruining fireworks shows? It’s hard to say for sure. But it’s clear that they’re doing things a little bit differently than previous generations. And whether you love it or hate it, there’s no denying that millennials are changing the way we enjoy fireworks.
Here are a few tips for millennials who want to enjoy a fireworks show without being a nuisance:
- Put your phone away. Seriously, just put it away. You can check your social media later.
- Be respectful of other people’s space. Don’t stand in front of people who have been waiting for a long time to get a good spot.
- Don’t be too loud. You don’t have to scream to be heard.
- Be mindful of the environment. Don’t litter, and don’t leave your trash behind.
If you follow these tips, you’ll be sure to have a more enjoyable fireworks show, and you won’t have to worry about anyone accusing you of ruining it for everyone else.
In addition to the tips above, here are a few other things you can do to enjoy a fireworks show:
- Find a good spot. If you can, find a spot that has a clear view of the sky.
- Bring a blanket or chair. It’s nice to have something to sit on, especially if you’re going to be there for a while.
- Bring snacks and drinks. You don’t want to have to leave the show to go get something to eat or drink.
- Bring a camera. You’ll want to capture the memories of the show.
- Relax and enjoy the show. Fireworks are a beautiful sight, so take some time to appreciate them.